Friday 6 January 2012

evaluation of a preliminary task

Evaluation of prelim task
My original preliminary was a video I did with Jake Fox, James Dench and John Hughes. Here is a link to the channel the video is hosted on youtube-www.youtube.com/user/plato503
While the preliminary task went quite well there were some minor continuity errors and schedule clashes. The most notable continuity error is halfway through when my character the runner is running up the stairs and halfway there my trousers change, the reason for this is that on the second day of shooting it was “jeans for genes day” where students give a pound to charity in return for being able to wear jeans for the day. Another minor continuity error is that Jake Fox loses his sunglasses in the second scene he’s in due to him sitting on the earlier in the day. On the first day of shooting we had some minor problems due to James having to leave early for a science lesson.
The great strength of the preliminary task is that it was very straightforward and in the end did what it was supposed to. It got finished on time with a minor amount of complications. I learned from this task that it takes a lot of shots before you have what you really want but that it’s worth it when you put the work in. if  I could do it all again I would make very few changes but I would re-shoot several scenes for continuity also I would want to re-shoot any scenes that use the dolly for the camera because they didn’t turn out as well as they could.

No comments:

Post a Comment